COTS* Discrete Event Simulation
COTS Discrete Event Simulation software is well established in the armoury of tools used by large manufacturers to increase their efficiency and reduce their costs.
Two constraints that initially makes the tool less attractive to small and medium are the skills required to set up the simulation and the availability of appropriate computing power.
Discrete Event Simulation is beneficiary for:
- Small and Medium manufacturers of any products
- engineering firms with sufficient commonality in their work to support "process thinking"
- Logistics, engineering
- Automotive component manufacturers
- Oil/gas component manufacturers
cloudSME project removed both of these constraints by:
- Providing template based simulations for solving manufacturing logistics problems common to small and medium firms
- Makes simulation technology resources available via AppCenter as an SaaS with no set up time required from SMEs
*COTS - "Commercial of-the-shelf"
About SIMUL8 Corporation
About Saker Solutions
Saker Solutions provides manufacturing and service customers with advice on choosing simulation products as well as training in simulation best practise and using simulation products such as flexsim simulation software or Witness Simulation software.