Announcement of 1st Open Call for CloudiFacturing
The time is near to apply for the 1st. CloudiFacturing Open Call and the Briefing with all the details is here for you to consult it.
With our Open Call, we are looking for / seeking innovative use cases in the context of the project’s mission. Please, find all the thorough explanation in the document we present here and if you have any questions, doubts or just simple curiosity, don't hesitate contacting us.
CloudiFacturing Open Call facts
Why to participate?
Selected proposers (third parties) will have the opportunity
• to investigate and gather experience with HPC/Cloud Computing technologies for their use case;
• to explore technical benefits, e.g. better assessment of the producibility and production process optimization by more accurate simulation results using HPC/Cloud resources;
• to exploit information discovered in factory data to improve processes;
• to assess Cloud-‐based business settings and their impact; and
• to leverage the CloudiFacturing Digital Marketplace being developed as a new distribution channel.
What does CloudiFacturing offer?
• Vendor independent Cloud infrastructure already containing engineering and simulation applications and services on which new experiments can be built to extend the range of service offerings via the CloudiFacturing Digital Marketplace.
• A tailored HPC/Cloud infrastructure (with a contractual environment protecting IPR).
• Independent evaluation of experiments against your requirements.
• Experiences from more than 30 experiments
• Consultancy on business models.
• Participation in the I4MS ecosystem (www.i4ms.eu).
If you are interested in our Open Call or you have questions, please contact one of our local DIHs (Digital Innovation Hubs) spread all over Europe
For southwest Europe:
Elena Femenía: email@example.com
For south of Europe:
Marco Barbagelata: firstname.lastname@example.org
For northwest and north Europe:
Simon Bergweiler: Simon.Bergweiler@dfki.de
SmartFactory KL / DFKI, Germany
These DIHs will support you with your questions and ideas and they will help you to prepare a high-quality proposal for experiments that well suit our call and have a high potential impact.
If you are interested or you have questions, you can also contact us at: email@example.com.
Cloudification of Production Engineering for Predictive Digital Manufacturing
CloudiFacturing is a European Innovation Action (IA) in the framework of Factories of the Future (FoF) with the mission of optimizing production processes and producibility, using Cloud/HPC-based modelling and simulation, and leveraging online factory data with advanced data analytics; thus, contributing to the competitiveness andresource efficiency manufacturing companies, especially SMEs. To pursue this mission, computationally demanding production engineering and simulation as well as data analytics tools are to be provided as Cloud services to ease accessibility and make their use more affordable.